Houston – Commercial Litigation Attorney (2-5 years)
McGlinchey Stafford is a premier midsized business law firm offering services in more than 40 practice areas through a highly integrated national platform. Flexible schedules are available. While we encourage our attorneys to have a regular presence in the office to promote collegiality and our firm culture, our remote work policy provides for remote work options. The firm is seeking a commercial litigator with 2 to 4 years of experience to join our office in Houston, Texas. A top candidate for the position has 2 to 4 years of complex litigation experience including experience in commercial litigation. Experience in financial services litigation is a plus but not required. In this role, you will assist our team in representing clients in commercial litigation, including working with financial institution clients and representing them in state, federal, and appellate actions. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney to hone his or her litigation skills in a culture that values collaboration and hard work. Candidates must be licensed in Texas. License to practice in Texas must be active and in good standing.
Requirements of the position:
- 2 to 4 years of prior experience in commercial litigation. Financial services litigation experience is a plus but not required.
- A current license to practice law in the state of Texas. License must be active and in good standing.
- Experience drafting complaints, answers, motions, and other pleadings.
- Experience participating in the development of a strategy for written and deposition discovery.
- Ability to distill research into meaningful and persuasive written work product and to work meticulously to ensure the quality of work product.
- Federal court experience is a plus.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A team mindset while assisting with preparation for trials and evidentiary hearings.
- Confidence in serving as a representative of clients and our firm while meeting and conferring with opposing counsel.
- Excellent research and analytical skills as well as clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated dedication to client service.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; full benefits included.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply via our Careers page: https://www.mcglinchey.com/careers/