Houston – Litigation Attorney (1-3 Years)
McGlinchey is adding new practice areas in Houston. As part of this expansion, we seek to hire a litigation associate with 1-3 years of relevant experience. This role will involve hands-on work across a range of practice areas, including products liability, construction, transportation, and the defense of serious personal injury and death claims. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys looking to hone their litigation skills while receiving training and mentorship from a partner with deep experience in these practice areas.
We seek candidates with:
- A current, active license to practice law in Texas;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in civil litigation, including experience in drafting pleadings, motion practice, written discovery, depositions, and other facets of the litigation process;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Excellent legal research, writing, and advocacy skills;
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines; and
- A willingness to be proactive and take ownership of projects and assignments.
The ideal candidate will excel not only in their legal research and writing skills, but also be capable of handling depositions, attending hearings, and helping try cases. Prior experience in the practice areas listed above is a plus, but is not required.
To apply for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter;
- Your current resume;
- At least one (but preferably two) litigation-related writing samples that are representative of your work, and that have not been materially edited by others; and
- Your law school transcript.
All submissions will be held in strict confidence. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
McGlinchey is a premier business law firm with fifteen offices across ten states and Washington, D.C. Our lawyers offer services in more than 40 practice areas through a highly integrated national platform. Visit mcglinchey.com for more details.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply for this position via our careers page: https://www.mcglinchey.com/career/attorneys/